Tuesday 24 June 2014

MIDDAY MONOCHROME

I actually shot this look a few weeks ago, with the intention of wearing it for a night out last week, however because of unforeseen circumstances I didn't actually go out. So here it is anyway!! A monochrome summer look. I apologise for the vampire-like glow to my skin, this was a relatively last minute shoot and I didn't have time to apply the tan. Another couple of items from my current favourite high street shop, Miss Selfridge. I had seen these white floral embossed shorts online and I immediately knew that it would be one of those rare occasions when you know something will suit you without even trying it on. I went into store anyway to double check, but my suspicions were correct and I adore them. They are extremely light and airy and could be styled with every colour in the rainbow. So many possibilities! The shopaholic within me was also unleashed when my eyes locked onto the sale rails, bursting with potential bargains. I picked up this fabulous simple black cami for only £10 plus student discount, which made it even better! This cami hides a sexy secret, as it has a line of gems connecting the straps to the top itself. I somehow forgot to shoot this detail, however it will be featured in a post coming soon.

Black cami & white embossed shorts - Miss Selfridge
Tribal print handbag - David Tlale
Heels - New Look
Choker - vintage (mother's collection)
Rings - Topshop


My handbag more than deserves a special mention.. this one is pretty special. This tribal monochrome feature in my look is by South African designer David Tlale, a relatively new designer who now shows his beautiful collections at New York Fashion Week each season, a symbol of his country's fashion talent, now transcending onto the catwalks of the world. A similar printed bag was used on his AW13 catwalk, (see info from a previous post here), which only makes me treasure it even more. 



The shoes have obviously already been featured before, I could have also easily worn my favourite patent Steve Maddens with this outfit - or even a statement pair in a bold colour - a very versatile look. I also experimented with a choker - but my version of this trend included some vintage sparkle, using a pearl flower printed one from my mum's collection. Go mum! 


A new post is on its way pretty soon, I have been shopping a little too often recently which only means more outfits to style!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig