Sunday 19 April 2015

COACHELLA STYLE

With Coachella in full swing this weekend, I took the opportunity to style a festival look which doubles as a 60's costume for a party last night.
Although I'm desperately wishing that I was there soaking up the LA sunshine and music, it's definitely the best excuse to dress up and experiment with hair and makeup. It seems so long ago now, but last summer I did a few festival looks (see here), and attempted to do a crimped hairstyle. It dropped out pretty quickly, so learning from my mistakes I was able to create a longer lasting crimped look with more impact and volume by leaving the plaits in for longer and starting with wet hair. I went crazy with glitter and sparkly eyeshadow, as festivals are the best excuse to go a little wild and as always, sparkle needed to be part of the look!

H&M's latest collection, H&M loves Coachella, is absolutely on point for festival wear this summer. I struggled to pick only a select few pieces to buy, as almost the entire collection went into the changing room with me. It's so reasonably priced and great quality; it filled me with that kind of happiness that only a girl can get when shopping. Loose wide leg trousers are an item I have not tried before, but as I was in an experimental (you could almost say a hippyish open-minded) mood, I thought I would give them a try. I was so pleasantly surprised at their soft and loose material and flattering shape; at £15 they were a necessary purchase. Crop tops are excessively bought and added to my wardrobe during the sunny season, which explains this cut out patterned top. The high neck is perfect whilst I'm still without a tan, (although it would look even more fabulous when sun kissed) and layered over a green lace bralet here allows it to stand out, although it could be worn with any kind of bralet or small crop top. Paired with lots of silver jewellery including a body chain to layer up with some necklaces, I created an eclectic look fit for the Coachella dessert. I thought I'd post 3 different headwear options; the first is the classic circular sunglasses, the second a more toned down floral headpiece, and the third a major statement headpiece featured last summer (here) which I chose to wear for the party. See what you think!

Top, Trousers, Necklaces, Body chain & Black floral headband - H&M
Bralet, Sunglasses, Rings & Earrings - Topshop
Bracelet - Links of London
Heels - Steve Madden


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig